Rumor: Ryan Gosling, Zac Efron Could Star In "Star Wars: Episode VII"


Latino-Review says director-producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm are eying Ryan Gosling (Only God Forgives, Drive) and Zac Efron (The Paperboy) for roles in Star Wars: Episode VII. Just to make the rumor even bigger, Latino-Review claims the filmmakers met with Leonardo DiCaprio about a role in the film but that he's now bowed out of the running. 



Latino-Review echoed Lucasfilm's recent denial of that rumor that Abrams is going to drop out of directing Episode VII. Star Wars: Episode VII begins filming next year for a 2015 release.



The site reckons Gosling would play "Luke's kid", but have no information on which character Efron would play (they assume one of Han Solo/Princess Leia's children). They mention that both actors have "went in" for these roles, so that suggests they've actually read for them and aren't just on Disney's radar. Of course we'll have to take all this as rumor for now, but what do you think of these casting choices?


Please Recommend Us On

1 comment:

  1. Against popular opinion, I think either is fine. I admit I am not overly familiar with either actor's work, which is why I'm not as critical of the consideration of these guys. All I know is, Efron did a fine job on "The Paper Boy" and Gosling, well I haven't seen any of his work. That may just make him more endearing to me as a lead in Star Wars and then I'll go check The Notebook and The Gangster Squad. Successful movies right?

    Based on their personas and general character as people from interviews I've seen, I quite like them both.

    ReplyDelete